Matrix XD

Matrix XD: Why do Mosquitoes Interest to Our Blood

Why do mosquitoes like swarming around our bodies and clothes? To answer that question, ecological chemist Walter Lear examine whether such a man produces the inviting smell of mosquitoes. He and his colleagues discovered a substance that they seek, namely nonanal, a substance produced by humans and birds that emit scents invite Culex mosquitoes.

He initially experimented on himself. "I measure myself," said Leal. His colleagues put a tool like an injection in her skin, then wrapped with aluminum foil for insulation. After an hour, the end of the plunger is inserted into an instrument to measure the levels of nonanal.

"It realy was my body produce a lot enough of nonanal," Leal said, "I think my body releases 20 nanograms (nonanal) per hour. That is considered high."

Leal is now aware that this is the reason why it was when he was in Mexico, despite doing preventive measures, he still hunted mosquitoes.

"So many Mosquitoes, I almost could not believe it," he reminisced, "I sprayed DEET (anti-mosquito) everywhere, to the hair. And when am I aware of the mosquitoes bite even through my shirt, and thick enough. If missed one point, it will be found mosquitoes, and bitten. Mosquitoes can bite through even jeans, as long as they know that behind it there is blood vessels. They also can detect body heat. "

Labels:


Share
Posted By Sutrisno
Created on Tuesday, January 26, 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment